Last Saturday, we commemorated the life and legacy of Cesar Chavez! Si Se Puede!
Commemorate and celebrate the life and work of labor and civil rights leader Cesar E. Chavez [March 31, 1927 to April 23, 1993] in the heart of the Calle 24 Latino Cultural Distirct.
Entertainment, vendor booths, children’s area and more….this is a alcohol free and family event.
In response to the immigration policies by the Trump administration, we are asking all our participants in the parade to wear black in protest.
- 10 a.m. – Assemble for Parade Dolores Park – 19th Street / Guerrero Street, SF.
- 11 a.m. – PARADE.
- 11 a.m. – 6 pm . 24th STREET FAIR – Between Treat Street and Bryant Street, SF.
Main stage performances by:
- La Gente
This the largest event honoring the life and work of the labor and civil rights leader in Northern California.
2017 Cesar E. Chavez Holiday Parade
Saturday, April 29, 2017 | 10 am gather, 11am start
Meet at Dolores Park – 19th St. to 24th St.
The parade will begin to assemble at 10 am from Dolores Park on 19th Street to Guerrero. The parade will begin at 11 am, proceeding to 24th Street. The parade will end with a 24th Street Fair between Treat Ave. and Bryant St.
Annually, thousands of Bay Area residents, families, schools, religious groups, labor unions, and community organizations join in to celebrate Cesar’s legacy as a leader in workers and civil rights. This is the largest event honoring Cesar Chavez in Northern California.
Parade Grand Marshall: Jesse Arreguin, Mayor of Berkeley
Festival & Street Fair
2017 Cesar E. Chavez Holiday Festival
Saturday, April 29, 2017 | 11 am to 6 pm
24th Street between Treat and Bryant
The Annual Cesar E. Chavez Holiday Festival offers an opportunity for attendees to learn about the life of Cesar Chavez while enjoying the day in the historic Mission District neighborhood.
The festivities include family entertainment, cultural dance and music, a Children’s Area, a Car Show, arts & crafts, local community resources, and information booths. Merchants will have sidewalk sales and food will be provided by local restaurants.
- Classic Car Show on Harrison Street/24th Street
- Free Dental Clinic sponsored by UCSF School of Dentistry/HSA for children and adults
- Special Festival filming by BBC with Rick Stein for his TV Show, “Rick Stein’s Long Weekends”
- 10 am – Assemble for Parade Dolores Park – 19th Street / Guerrero Street
- 11 am – Parade
- 11 am to 6 pm: 24th Street Fair (between Treat Street and Bryant Street)