On January 30th, 2018, #PendejoTrump appeared on TV to deliver his State of the Union [SOTU] and deliver “bullshit” about what he’s done in past year.
After his speech,( see below) we should reflect how we need to come strong for voting this year!
Excerpt Latino Community Foundation.
1. WE MUST EDUCATE OURSELVES! Here’s all the negatives going on now, but also the positives that will happen … if WE VOTE!
- In 2014, Latinos became the largest ethnic group in the State of California.
- In 2014, Latinos also hit a record low in the midterm elections. Less than 2 out of 10 Latinos exercised their right to vote and made their voices heard.
- In 2018, we are determined to stand with you and do better! We must do better. There is too much at stake for us to stay home or remain undecided.
- For generations, the strength, entrepreneurship, and resilience of Latinos have made the Golden State a beacon of hope and opportunity. It is Latinos who have fueled the growth of the 6th largest economy of the country.
2. Yet, we have not fully benefited from the progress we are driving! The only way to keep pushing for change is by making our influence and power felt at the polls. This is how we keep our policy makers accountable to our communities.
On January 30th, you joined 1,200 youth, families, and community leaders at UCLA [see video below!] to hear Jorge Ramos and Ilia Calderon push the gubernatorial candidates on the issues that matter most to you. You heard their responses.
- Now it’s time to make a decision – and vote.
- We must show up strong for the June 5th primaries and again at the November 6th Midterm Election.
- If you are still undecided, keep learning about the candidates. But PLEASE make that decision – and VOTE!
The alternative is not an option.
See reaction by Bernie Sanders!
See California’s first Governor debate: