We’re very honored to interview Sister Norma Seni Pimentel at “A Bridge Among Walls: Update from the Border”. Please see video below.
The event was at held Sunday, April 28th at Our Lady of Angels (OLA) in Burlingame, CA. Image credit: Sister Norma with ABCTV7 Lily Pena.
Here’s why she is special!
- She appeared in last Sunday’s 60 Minutes television show.
- She currently leads the fight and support for Migrant children and families at the border.
- Sister Norma Seni Pimentel, M.J., is Executive Director of Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley in Texas.
- She’s named the Pope’s favorite sister, and today’s Mother Theresa figure.
The event flyer:
- April 28th 4:00-5:30 PM. Fundraiser for the Humanitarian Respite Center of @CCharitiesRGV with special guest, Sister @nspimentel
Our interview video!
How to support!
Bay Area Border Relief is fundraising for upcoming trips at www.bayareaborderrelief.org
Bay Area Border Relief (BABR) is a humanitarian organization that serves and advocates for children and families seeking their human right to asylum in the U.S. A grassroots organization of local citizens, BABR was inspired by Rep. Jackie Speier (CA-14), to provide a response to the child separation crisis of 2018 at the U.S./Mexico border area.
Congresswoman Speier organized the initial congressional delegation to visit the Texas border area detention centers in May 2018 and encouraged members of BABR to be witnesses to the inhumane separation of families and children and their poor treatment as legal asylum seekers in immigration detention.
The BABR group is comprised of college faculty and other educators, students, philanthropists, nurses, counselors, volunteers, filmmakers, and law and human rights advocates. Philanthropic Ventures Foundation acts as a fiscal sponsor and has also sent staff and supported graduate student volunteer travel to Texas. Read more here!
1. Facebook live video:
- Sister Pimentel speaking about what is happening at the Texas border.
2. Watch 60 Minutes video:
3. CNN’s Anderson Cooper: