The most beautiful DIA LOS MUERTOS concert is by the SF Symphony this Saturday!
- Colombian star Monsieur Periné will perform.
- Arrive an hour early for live music, captivating altars, and folk art.
- See below for videos and last year’s event photos!
SF Symphony 11th annual Dia Los Muertos
Saturday, November 2nd, 11am VIP, 2pm show.
Davies Symphony Hall, 201 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco.
- If you missed the last DIA LOS MUERTOS @ SF Symphony, here’s a short clip.
Join us at Davies Symphony Hall for a vibrant celebration of Latin American music and culture at our annual Day of the Dead celebration!
San Francisco Symphony’s vibrant Day of the Dead celebration features traditional Latin American music and culture, dazzling guest artists, colorful festivities, and fun-filled events for the entire family.
Colombian stars Monsieur Periné, a Latin Grammy Best New Artist winner, is an internationally renowned Latin American band. The group explores the cultural roots of diverse Latin American sounds by fusing them with jazz, pop, and swing. Arrive an hour early to enjoy live music, captivating altars, and folk art.
2 shows on Saturday!
1. 11am: Festivities begin with a formal seated lunch and a silent auction. Arrive early for refreshments, live music, dancing, colorful altars, and folk art in the lobby. Buy tickets to the VIP lunch!:
2. 1pm: Then, a feast for your ears and eyes with a lively concert of traditional Latin folk music and genre-bending performances.
We hope this celebration offers a perspective on the influence of the Día de los Muertos tradition throughout the American continent and brings an opportunity for you to remember your departed loved ones.—Martha Rodríguez-Salazar
Born in Mexico City and trained classically as a flutist and opera singer, Martha Rodríguez-Salazar is a curator, teacher, choir director, producer, and director of musical and theater productions that celebrate Latin American culture. She promotes Mexican and Latino culture in the Bay Area through her curatorial work and extensive performing and teaching activities through the Community Music Center. She has curated the San Francisco Symphony’s Día de los Muertos Community Concert festivities since their inception in 2008.
Hurry! Only a few tickets left!
See 2018 photos!