Mexika New Year
Wednesday at 4 PM – 11 PM
1125 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94110.
BE THERE OR STAY SQUARE…Our 13th Year!
Join the A Team (415)756-5589 text
Family, Friends, Community and all people under the stars! Join us to celebrate and bring in the New Year for the most precise chronological calendar system in the history of the world, MEXIKA NEW YEAR! After 8 years of being blessed with continual growth, this is the year we turn it up a notch…
– Come and feel the power of Aztec Danza and Drum ceremony by drummers/Danzantes from all over the continent! All Drums are welcomed!
– Learn the teachings of how to apply the calendar system into your own life by the time keeper himself, Mazatzin.
– Vibe out to some great live musical performances by local talent: BAYONICS, LOCO BLOCO, THE PEOPLE’S TREE and JOSE NAJERA & BERNAL BEATS.
– Work up an appetite on the dancefloor and indulge in some of the best Indigenous cuisine the Bay Area has to offer!
– Spread some knowledge through our book exchange! Bring a book, get a book back!
– Bring donations of blankets and socks for the ‘Stay Warm Drive’ helping our San Francisco Homeless population.
– Build with like-minded, talented, and passionate people of our Community! The time is NOW to actively keep our San Francisco Cultura and Spirit ALIVE!
We cannot express enough the gratitude and appreciation for the community involvement, donation of time and talent and participation of organizations that make this ceremony so colorful and vibrant. We will hold space for community leaders along with Mazatzin to present their work, videos, art and great spirit. We invite all schools to bring thier Students, Teachers, Parents…We want to re-introduce them to their cosmic identity and responsibility and deliver to them their inheritance.