Celebrate the end of Hispanic Heritage Month by supporting #AdelanteHermanos with @hipgive! Let’s work together to improve the lives of Latino men and boys!
HIPGive, a project of Hispanics in Philanthropy, is the only crowdfunding platform focused on Latino nonprofit projects.
From now through the end of October, HIPGive is excited to host the #AdelanteHermanos: Building a Better Future for Latino Men and Boys crowdfunding contest.
Fifteen nonprofits from around the country and in Latin America are competing to raise funds for their innovative programs that provide much-needed services in health, education, arts, economic development and more to nuestros hermanos. Successful projects have the opportunity to win prizes and matching funds from a pool of $15,000.
The contest ends on Thursday, October 22, 2015. Check out the projects and make a donation today!
Did You Know?
- Today in the U.S., Latino males make up 22% of ALL males between the ages 10 and 24.
- Latino men and boys are largely missing from middle-class jobs.
- As of 2010, more than 70% of employed Latino men work in construction, logistic or services and earn on average between $27,976 and $22,724 annually, assuming they are able to secure year-round employment.
- In 2011, the estimated dropout rate for Latino boys in the U.S. was 14.6%, compared to 8.3% for African American boys and 5.4% for White boys.
- For Latino boys born outside the U.S., 35.8% dropped out of school in 2010.
- As of 2012, Latino men were incarcerated at a rate nearly 40% higher than White men.
- Forty percent of young people in Latin America are significantly affected by poverty, and 15% live in extreme poverty.
How can you help?
Visit HIPGive now to learn more about these inspiring projects, and to make a donation!
Know of any nonprofits that help Latino communities? Let them know about HIPGive! Any nonprofit that has a project empowering
Latinos can use the platform to raise funds online, anytime. Click HERE for more information.
Post these on your Facebook and Twitter!
Suggested post for Facebook:
#adelantehermanos Celebrate the end of Hispanic Heritage Month by giving back with Hispanics in Philanthropy (@behipgive) and HIPGive (@hipgive)! Support Latino men and boys today by making a donation today! https://hipgive.org/contest/adelante-hermanos/
Suggested post for Twitter:
Celebrate the end of Hispanic Heritage Month by supporting #AdelanteHermanos with @hipgive! Let’s work together to improve the lives of Latino men and boys! http://ow.ly/Sx9KP