Join us for the culture and art of Dia de los Muertos; Day of the Dead, which celebrates the circle of life and honors those who have passed on.
Some believe that life as we know it, is a dream. It’s only when we pass on, that we wake up. This concept is traditionally expressed by wearing costumes and make-up, and sharing the colorful art of Dia de Los Muertos.
2:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Avant Garden on First Street at D Street:
- Cheri Mendieta, Hand Beaded Jewelry
- Cinder Garden Steampunk, Upcycled Steampunk Clothing and Costumes
- “CJ” Corey Johnson, Original Drawings
2:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Treasury Commons First Street at D Street:
- Adela Juarez, Mexican Folklore Art
- Siren Sticks, Hair Accessories & Jewelry
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Avant Garden on First Street at D Street:
- FREE Kids art activities; Day of the Dead Mask Making and Paper Floral Crown Making
- Day of the Dead Face Painting by Artist Hollis Banks
- Meet Frida Kahlo model, Flor De Azalea Magallanes at Avant Garden
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm Benicia Plein Air Gallery, 307 First Street
- Artist Reception for Rolando Barrero. Current exhibition, Street Scenes and Sketches in Watercolor
Special thanks to G.Billie Quijano for the use of her Frida Kahlo photo. Check out her new book, Chiqui Talks to Grandma, a colorful, magical journey of a little girl who has been faced with the loss of her Grandma.