Saturday, October 17, 2015
LitCrawl | Litquake 20156-9:30 pm
All over the Mission
The 11th annual Lit Crawl will span over three hours in the Mission District’s Valencia Street corridor, featuring an astonishing 101 literary readings and events, including poetry, fiction, nonfiction, comedy and more, in bookstores, bars, galleries, restaurants, stores, cafés, community spaces, a bookmobile, a vibrator store, and a police station.
One of the most anticipated literary nights of the year, San Francisco’s Lit Crawl attracts close to 10,000 people, and is the world’s largest such event.
See map: Get your Lit Crawl map here.
The Lit Crawl takes place in three phases.
Phase One (6-7 pm)
- > FUNCHEAP EVENT – The Bawdy Bard: A Night of Naughty Shakespeare Trivia
- Rad Dad: Not Your Bro
- Troubling the Bay: Trans & Genderqueer Poets
- BARtab Celebrates its Sixth Annual Lit Crawl Reading at Martuni’s
- ZYZZYVA All-Stars Fall Celebration
- RADAR Presents: Not Gay as in Happy but Queer as in Fuck You
- KQED Presents: Warrior Women
Phase Two (7:15-8:15 pm)
- Dirty Laundry: Loads of Prose presents Sex, Lies, and Lost Socks
- Good Vibrations: SanFranSex
- Hungry Writers in a Dry Land: Stanford’s Environmental Communication Graduate Program
- AFAR Magazine Spins the Globe
- Derailed: 1 Hour Aboard Glimmer Train
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Sex Now
- New Voices, New Visions for Iranian-American Writing
Phase Three (8:30-9:30 pm)
- The Rumpus
- San Francisco Buddhist Center: Unsettling
- Las Terremotas Shake! From Latino America to the Bay Area
- Brown People Don’t Read
- Readers, Beware! Music+Poetry+Film from Caveat Lector
- It’s Complicated: Multiracial Writers Make Meaning of Their Interconnected Identities
- All About Skin: Fiction with Flavor
- It’s Getting Hot in Here!: Silicon Valley Romance Writers of America