The Undergraduate Success Center Presents Movie Night!
This Friday, Cine + Mas SF Latino Film Festival at @JFK with some amazing documentaries, short films, and popcorn! This event is free and open to the public. Popcorn and refreshments will be provided.
- See below for new center information.
Cine+Mas San Francisco Film Festival features 2 films types!
6pm: MADE IN CALIFAS: USA SHORTS
(nine short films; 90 minute program): films deal with immigration, labor, family relations, human mobility, LGBT sexuality, and political activism.
7:30pm: INDIVISIBLE Documentary (78 mins):
Renata, Evelyn, and Antonio were young children when their parents brought them to the U.S. in search of a better life; they were teenagers where their mothers, fathers, and siblings were deported. Today, they are known as Dreamers. Indivisible takes place at a pivitol moment in their lives, as they fight for a pathway to citizenship and a chance to be reunited with their loved ones.
For more information about the films, visit: http://
Learn about new center!
Have you visited our Center yet? Watch this video to take a sneak peak of the Center and learn more about what we offer here!
The Undergraduate Success Center offers services and resources to support your undergraduate studies at JFK. We also work to promote student and community engagement on campus. Our Center is funded by a Title V Hispanic-Serving Institution Grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- A student center equipped with desktop computers, study space, and a lounge area. Our Center is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm and by appointment
- A bilingual advisor, as well as tutors and mentors, available to serve you in English or Spanish, on-site at the Pleasant Hill and San Jose campuses, as well as online
- A lending library of laptops, tablets and voice recorders available for check out to use in completing course assignments
- Professional development workshops to learn useful study, career and life skills
- Cultural events to learn more about Latin American and Latino culture, including Latino Speakers, Latin American Films and Cooking Teach-Ins–¡A Cocinar!
Come visit us in room S228 at the Pleasant Hill campus. We make regular visits to the San Jose campus–schedule an appointment today. We are here to help you reach your goals at John F. Kennedy University and beyond.
John F. Kennedy University’s Undergraduate Success Center
Hours: Monday through Friday: 9 am – 6 pm. After hours by appointment
100 Ellinwood Way, Room S 228, Pleasant Hill
3031 Tisch Way, Room 201, San Jose
(925) 969-4741 HSI@jfku.edu jfku.edu/HSI
Join our Facebook group: John F. Kennedy Undergraduate Success Center