Thursday, August 9th, 6pm – 10pm.
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco.
See Thursday’s live video!
with Amo Amo
DJ set by Chulita Vinyl Club.
NightLife happens every Thursday night from 6 – 10 pm. NightLife is 21+ with ID. Last entry to rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm.
Enjoy music, cutting-edge science, and cocktails as you set out with friends on a journey to the stars and to the depths of the sea. Explore a unique theme each week and after-hours access to all Academy exhibits. 21+, ID required for entry.
NightLife LIVE pairs emerging bands and musicians with cutting-edge visual artists in an immersive intersection of science, music, and art. The only museum in the world to combine an aquarium, planetarium, natural history museum, living rainforest, and live performances on an outdoor stage transforms the Academy into one of San Francisco’s most unique live music venues in the heart of Golden Gate Park.
Partnering with some of the Bay Area’s most buzzworthy art collectives and studios, NightLife LIVE will feature immersive light shows and mind-bending projections by ALL OF IT NOW, VR experiences by Vision Quest, and more. Each NightLife LIVE event will also feature hands-on, science-inspired crafts and creativity workshops with Paint Pens Collective, rotating pop-up shops from local vendors like Amoeba Records, and special “one-night-only” custom designs with screen printing by San Franpsycho.
Food & Drink:
A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6-9:30pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace located in the West Garden, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
SEE the lineup + details here!
NightLife Guest List Instructions.
To check in at NightLife on the guest list, you must enter through the Business Reception entrance located at the back of the museum on 75 Nancy Pelosi Drive (please note: you will not be able to enter through the front of the museum without a ticket).
NightLife Event Tips:
• NightLife is a 21+ event. A valid photo ID is required for admittance.
• Last entry into the Rainforest dome is 7:45 pm.
• Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30pm shows and available for purchase online at tickets.calacademy.org/nightlifeplanetarium
• Beverages are not permitted in the rainforest, planetarium, Forum Theater, and swamp (aka Claude’s castle).
• The Academy Cafe (first floor, across from the rainforest entrance) and Cafe Food Cart (main lobby) offer sit-down or grab-and-go eats.
• Programming varies each week. Visit calacademy.org/nightlife for the weekly event