Redwood City is fired up for its 12th annual Salsa Festival, on Saturday, September 21st, 2019 from noon until 8:00pm.
Salsa Tasting & Competition:
- Experience amateur and professional Salsa Chefs seeking fun, prizes, and Salsa Glory, and showcases succulent salsa for festival-goers to sample and take part in the judging.
- Public tasting is from 12:00-5:00pm, but it’s best to arrive early to be sure to try them all!
- Along with an array of salsa choices, local restaurants also offer their scrumptious fares throughout the day.
- This free festival also boasts public Tequila Tasting.
Watch the Call for Entries Video!
People’s Choice Award!
$750 prize and award for 1st place
$500 prize for 2nd place
$300 prize for 3rd place
Best Hot Salsa
$400 prize and award
Best Mild Salsa
$400 prize and award
Best Decorated Booth
$400 prize and award for “Best Decorated Booth”
CALL FOR ENTRIES!
- Great prizes for the winners!
- Teams make 10 gallons of Salsa, and can enter the salsa challenge as an individuals, or businesses. Festival goers will be able to purchase a tasting kit in order to cast their vote for the “People’s Choice Award.”
- Salsa will be judged by a panel of judges for Mild, Hot, People’s Choice and Decorated booth.
- Entry Deadline: August 30.
FREE hands-on art projects, a Children’s Play Area complete with bounce houses, and much more.
Redwood City’s Salsa Festival guarantees a fun-filled day of tasty salsa, great activities, music, entertainment, dancing, food, beverages, and a fine time for the entire family from noon until 8:00pm. So bring your dancing shoes!
Schedule of 3 stages!
Courthouse Square (Salsa) Stage
12:00pm Edgardo Cambon y Candela
2:00pm Carlos Xavier y Su Orquestra
4:00pm Jesus Diaz y Su QBA
6:00pm Salsa Tasting Winners Announced
6:15pm Orquesta Taino
Latin Jazz Stage
1:00pm Kat Parra Latin/World Ensemble
3:00pm Orquesta Dharma
5:00pm John Calloway with the Latin 7
2:30pm Native Elements
Learn more at: https://www.redwoodcity.org/salsafest
Redwood City’s Salsa Festival is proud to be supported by the following sponsors:
Redwood City Parks, Recreation and Community Services
Community Partners: Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
Tasting Area Sponsor: Chavez Supermarkets
Supporting Sponsors: Wave Broadband, County Consumer Plumbing Group, Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation
Media Sponsors: La Raza, Telemundo