At the intersection of immigration, sexuality, and poverty, Yosimar narrates his undocumented journey from rags to high fashion in the hood.
510 S 1st St San Jose, CA 95113
Dates: Nov. 17th – 19th.
Join us for a three night run of Prieto. Comedic, autobiographical, one-man show written and performed by nationally acclaimed poet, Yosimar Reyes.
This new comedy chronicles the journey of a young queer and undocumented immigrant growing up in the hoods of East Side San Jose.
This show aims to humanize and uplift the stories of undocumented immigrants in a time of heightened anti-immigrant sentiments under the Trump Administration.
Performances will occur inside MACLA’s Castellano Playhouse theatre!
MACLA is an inclusive contemporary arts space grounded in the ChicanX/LatinX experience.
In accordance with guidelines provided by the State of California and Santa Clara County’s health and safety protocols MACLA has updated our COVID 19 safety policies which are now as follows:
- Vaccination checks will no longer be required of patrons before entering the gallery or the Castellano Playhouse.
- Masking is strongly encouraged but no longer required for all patrons and staff while inside MACLA.
- We have upgraded our air filters and increased air flow in the theatre.
- Cconcessions will be allowed during performance.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided throughout the space.
- Performers will not be masked (unless they choose to do so).
- All tickets will be e-tickets for touchless check-in.
MACLA recognizes the needs of persons with disabilities and is able to meet the requirements in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and California accessibility mandates. If you are in need of special accommodations for this event, please reach out to Maryela Perez at email@example.com or via phone (408)998-2783