This Dia de los Muertos event is the most anticipated family event of the year
Plus no hipsters + white people trying to homogenize it by wearing silly Halloween costumes.
22nd Annual Dia de los Muertos Festival!
Sunday, October 29th | 10:00am to 5:00pm
* Bart station: Fruitvale Village
Check out best + biggest LATINO festival in the Bay Area! 100% authentic culture. Awesome food, arts and crafts, indigenous performances, 2 stages of Mexican mariachi, folklorico and beautiful Raza families.
See photos from 2015 here!
Now in its 22nd year, The Unity Council Día de Los Muertos Festival is a free, outdoor festival that brings over 60,000 people to the vibrant, culturally-rich Fruitvale neighborhood.
Enjoy world-class live music, family friendly games, rides and activities, traditional Latin American artisans, and the stunning altar artistic installations created by community members paying homage to los muertos.
Families across California join us to experience live music, Ballet folklorico, Aztec dancers and to shop at the local artisan craft stands. The Día de los Muertos Festival was inducted into the U.S. Library of Congress by Congresswoman Barbara Lee as a “Local Legacy.”
Festival guests are encouraged to contribute their own small offering or drop off pictures of loved ones that are no longer with us to the Community Altar located on the corner of East 12th Ave and Avenida de la Fuente.
- Continuous entertainment on three stages- Hosted in the past by Telemundo, 93.3 La Raza, Mundo Fox/Estrella and 102.9 KBLX.
- Carnival rides will be on-site at the children’s pavilion.
- Authentic food, drinks, and other festival favorites will be available for purchase from a variety of local vendors and concessionaires.
- See all of the photos from last year’s Dia up on our Facebook Event Album!