Wed, September 4, 2019
1:30 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
San Francisco, CA 94105
Should a corporate director role be part of your next leadership step? Our 2-part workshop will help you understand the ins and outs of joining and serving on a corporate board.
We encourage you to sign up for both of these sessions so that you can get the full benefit of our board journey guidance and be better equipped to begin your board quest as you get clear on your objectives for joining a board.
*Optional group dinner available for additional networking after each workshop. You must be registered for the training to attend a dinner. Dinners are Dutch.
SESSION 1 (Sept 4):
- What type of corporate board is right for your overall business experience and expertise?
- What are the fiduciary requirements of a director and how will your leadership role change from a management position?
- Understand the risks and rewards for different types of boards from directors of public and private companies.
- We will look at the changing environment for board members and provide tips on how to position yourself to stand out as board-qualified.
- Work on your initial Board Roadmap, learn what to include in a board bio, and how to establish your value proposition that you will prepare for Session 2.
- Our risk expert will provide an overview of the need for D&O and indemnification agreements, and a segment on board compensation.
SESSION 2 (Oct 10):
- Workshop your board bio and value proposition in a small group with your peers and a board savvy advocate.
- Learn how to build a network of allies for your board journey and stand out as a viable candidate.
- Our experts will impart tips on the interview process and questions you should be prepared to address. You’ll witness a mock interview with one of your peers.
- We will provide you tools and resources to do due diligence on board positions to evaluate if this company and board is right for your personal goals.
We encourage program graduates to join a free Mastermind Group to keep you moving along the path for your board bound goal.