- This event has passed.
Las Posadas en El Campo // Half Moon Bay
December 22, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pmdonate
Wow! A beautiful event for our hard-working Farmworkers right here in our Bay Area! Who wants to go! 🙂
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2021 AT 11 AM – 1 PM
Las Posadas en El Campo
La Piazza, 604 Main Street
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Join us for a traditional but unique Las Posadas where we will go with ALAS – Ayudando Latinos a Soñar from farm to farm in Half Moon Bay to join the farmworkers in this Christmas celebration.
There a posada where we will be celebrating the Christmas season with music and singing.
FREE Admission. All ages welcome to attend..
After some discussion we decided to go ahead with the morning Las Posadas and cancel the afternoon session because of the rain. There is a 40% chance of rain during the day which means there is a 60% chance it will not rain or the glass is more than half full.
We will meet at the Sueños Center next to the Moonside Bakery & Cafe then we will caravan together to visit different farms to deliver tamales, gifts and Christmas cheer!
San Jose Carpool:
We will not be caravanning but If you wish to carpool go to the Moose Lodge at 9:30am tomorrow morning to meetup. If you decide not to go and have donations drop those off then.
A $15 tamale lunch will be available for purchase by ALAS back at the Piazza from 1-3pm.
Hope to see you mañana because if the farmworkers can get up every day to work we can brave a little rain.