“Coming into contact with the Mother is coming into contact with a force of passionate and active compassion in every area and dimension of life, a force that longs to be invoked by us to help transform all the existing conditions of life on earth so that they can mirror ever more clearly and accurately her law, her justice, and her love.”
SUNDAY AT 2 PM PST – 4 PM PST
Being Good Relatives, a Plática with Maestra Grace Sesma
Where to watch: Facebook.
Please register below.
BEING GOOD RELATIVES
January 24, 2021
2 to 4 p.m. PST
– Tuition: Donation
Email: email@example.com to register (clicking on FB event settings will not register you)
– Deadline to register is January 22.
If you’re not familiar with Indigenous protocols, but would like to be, please join me on Zoom for a plática on ways of nurturing good relations.
If time allows we will be discussing the following:
* Cultural humility and responsibility: How do I approach a knowledge keeper to ask for teachings?
* What does it mean to earn what you learn?
* What is the respectful way to invite an Indigenous elder to speak at a non-Indigenous gathering or conference?
* How and why does one offer tobacco?
* What are customary ways to ask for help and healing from a traditional healer or a curandero?
* What does reciprocity with the earth and each other mean?
* When is it appropriate to wear a long skirt?
For more information and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation is limited. Deadline to register is January 22.
The plática is offered on a donation basis with the understanding that in the spirit of mutual respect and support persons who have less, give less, and those who have more, give more. Make your donation in the sincerest capacity so that in this manner the circle is complete and everyone experiences the blessings generated by your gift.
Disclaimer: The information given during any plática is strictly for educational use and does not imply or express any health benefit. This information is of historical, cultural, folkloric and traditional value. By joining and participating in these pláticas you agree that you are participating at your own risk and hold harmless Griselda (Grace) Sesma and Curanderismo, the Healing Art of Mexico. All information provided is for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the applicability of any information to your symptoms or medical condition and any alternative or traditional medicine practices that you use.