On Tuesday, October 24, SF Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer will introduce a resolution calling on Congress to initiate impeachment proceedings against Donald Trump.
The rally begins at 12pm on the steps of City Hall (Polk Street side) and will feature speakers including Supervisor Lee Fewer. We encourage everyone to stay for the Board of Supervisors meeting beginning at 2pm, to demonstrate San Franciscans’ support for the impeachment resolution.
Trump is wreaking havoc on our country.
He’s essentially declared war on immigrants, low-income and working class people, people of color, indigenous communities, women, LGBTQ communities, Muslims, organized labor, and many more of our friends and neighbors.
While many of us foresaw the threats posed by a Trump presidency, the concerns about his fitness for office are spreading, even to members of his own party.
We’ve seen him:
• Breaching the foreign emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution
• Breaching the domestic emoluments clause of the U.S. Constitution
• Obstructing justice by firing James Comey to stymy the Russia investigation
• Obstructing justice by pardoning former Sheriff Joe Arpaio
• Breaching his oath of office by failing to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States” (e.g. his constant attacks on the 1st Amendment and his unconstitutional Muslim ban)
• Breaching his oath of office by not faithfully executing the Office of President of the United States (e.g. by deliberately sabotaging the Affordable Care Act)
This list is by no means exhaustive. Trump has shown that he’s a veritable danger to the welfare of the United States and all of its people, through actions like rolling back environmental protections and neglecting the life-and-death situation in Puerto Rico.
It’s time for San Francisco Bay Area to stand up and say: “ENOUGH.”
Brightline Defense Project
In association with:
District 1 Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer
To endorse this event as a sponsor, please contact Chelsea Bollard at firstname.lastname@example.org.