Spice up your Thursday night by taking your tastebuds for a ride at our hottest NightLife yet.
We’re bringing the heat with a crew of local culinary experts who specialize in fiery flavors from around the world.
Learn about the cultural significance of spices and sample a range of gourmet spicy condiments, from Vietnamese hot sauce to Mexican salsa. Is your mouth watering, yet? Yeah, ours too.
Thursday, NOV. 10th, 6-10 pm
Golden Gate Park
55 Music Concourse Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118
NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Keeping It Spicy
- Catch a live talk with Chef Haejin Chun of Big Bad Wolf, Pooja Bag of Diaspora Co,Tess Melody of Dose of Saucy and Chef Wendy Zeng, creator of “Chili Party”– a panel of trailblazing women representing their culture through spice. Discover how they’re owning their recipes and changing the culinary game with every bite.
The Hot Seat
6 – 10 PM
Ready to feel the burn? Join us for a tour of some of the most delectable hot sauces and spices in the Bay Area along with an abundance of small bites. Get spicy with:
- Diaspora Co– Let the spice experts at Diaspora Co. guide you through a smelling station to experience the unique aromas of various spices. Smell the difference fresh spices can make in this interactive demonstration.
- Dose of Saucy– Transport to Texas with Texan-style barbeque sauce samples from Dose of Saucy. Sample four of their delicious sauces on an array of small bites!
- Kula Nursery– Skip the sauce and put your spice tolerance to the test with chili peppers from Kula Nursery. Learn about the cultural significance behind these potent plants and their many culinary uses.
- Papalote Salsa– Known as “La Salsa de San Francisco,” this famous salsa is the culmination of nearly 50 years of family tradition, secret recipes, and culinary expertise right here in San Francisco. Get a taste of their iconic habañero salsa and experience maximum flavor and heat.
- Tia Lupita Hot Sauce– Bringing the authentic flavors of Mexico with sustainably sourced ingredients, Tia Lupita proves that simple ingredients don’t mean simple flavors. Try one of their hot sauces for yourself with a side of nopales (cactus) chips, a grain-free superfood alternative to tortilla chips.
- Xốt Bé Long– Inspired by the variety of authentic Vietnamese and Mexican food throughout San Jose, Xốt Bé Long offers a one-of-a-kind family recipe that will make you want to put their sauce on everything. Taste what the hype is all about with a sample of their Xốt(sauce) on top of some fresh tater tots!
A few don’t-miss NightLife details:
- Effective September 16, NightLife guests will no longer be required to provide proof of full vaccination or a recent negative test. We still strongly encourage all guests to stay up-to-date on their vaccinations, and to mask up indoors. As always, if you’re feeling under the weather, please NightLife another time. View health and safety information here.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
- Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQs for more details. (Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium.)
- Beverages are available at various bars throughout the building, but food must enjoyed outdoors or in the Academy Cafe only.
- NightLife is for adults 21+ only. Photo ID required.